The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management has an opening for an Assistant/Associate Professor with expertise in legal practices, human resources, and/or strategic management. The University of Houston is a major, public, comprehensive research university situated in the fourth largest city in the United States. The College is one of the leading hospitality and tourism programs in the world. It is located in a world-class facility, which contains extensive laboratories, library, convention space and a hotel.
- This position requires an earned doctorate in hospitality or a business-related field.
- Must have a focused research area and have demonstrated the ability to lead research projects to publication in top-tier journals.
- Two years hospitality and/or tourism teaching experience at the community college and/or university level preferred.
- Management experience, such as employee recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision, in the hospitality/tourism industry preferred.
- Teach hospitality law and human resource management courses at the undergraduate level and graduate level
- Publish within the top-tier hospitality and tourism journals
- Serve on college committees assigned
- Other duties, as assigned by the administration
The College is seeking to identify successful candidates with strong research and teaching skills. A candidate should identify their research and teaching areas in a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a copy of a recent publication(s) if available. Applications and nominations for these positions will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The University of Houston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We welcome candidates whose experience in teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of Houston is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.