A global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. The firm delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless FOCUS on execution and results.
The Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner. The Forensic Technology team comprises senior forensic and information security technologists, who bring deep expertise in Computer Science and Information Systems, and offer a hands-on approach to collecting, preserving and analyzing electronic information.
The firm is committed to leveraging its strong cyber security practice in the US and building a linked and solid business in the UK. In order to strengthen our presence in the UK, we are looking for experienced cyber security professionals to build upon our US foothold. It is our view that in the current environment many companies need the support of seasoned professionals who can work alongside management to develop and deliver solutions to complex cyber problems. The Forensic Technology team is seeking an Incident Response Consultant to join in the London Office.
An exciting opportunity exists for an ambitious Manager to join a growing team that has a unique position in the Cyber Security advisory market.
The firm can respond quickly to any cyber crisis. Our team of security professionals and emergency response meet incident response requirements across the globe. Professionals have experience managing information security operations for numerous large corporations and government agencies. Our engagements have included:
- Assessments of all aspects of the organisation’s ability to respond to cyber threats including the security organisation itself, governance models, data privacy, security architecture, incident response capabilities, and the uncovering of pre-existing breaches
- Action following a breach, leveraging our crisis management knowledge to work with the company’s management, legal and internal divisions and providing teams of Certified Information Systems Security experts that provide global 24/7 Incident Response and Computer Emergency Response support
- Forensic investigations to identify who was involved, what was compromised and when and how the breach took place. Our expert teams gather the facts; produce expert reports and present evidence in Court
We are looking for an cyber security professional with considerable expertise in the field of Incident Handling to work with our team in London. Acting as the first responder, you will work closely with the client to detect and respond to security breaches or malicious threat attacks, specifically focusing on targeted attacks, with the aim of limiting damage, containing the incident and helping recover to business operations as soon as possible.
The preferred candidate will be an action oriented self-starter with entrepreneurial flair and passion for information security and a passion for a career in consultancy. He/she will be comfortable working independently as well as part of a high performing team. Investigative and analytical problem solving skills are essential. You will need:
- A proven track record of managing incident response projects either in-house or as a consultant for a blue chip firm
- Previous experience of developing and implementing containment strategy and executing remediation plans
- An ability to provide technical analysis and direction for investigations including host intrusion analysis, network intrusion analysis, deep packet inspection and statistical analysis
- An understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs including, firewall functionality, routing, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols
- Hold one or more of the following certifications: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH); GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA); Crest Certified Simulated Attack Managers (CCSAM); CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA); CSIRT; CISSP; CISM